The Automatic Transmission in a Mini Cooper is susceptible to failure, like other vehicle components. It is a general problem for most Mini Cooper owners, as most Minis begin to develop transmission over time, depending on the intensity of the usage.
The Mini is a trendy car choice among young car enthusiasts that prefer comfy, easy to maintain, small-sized cars. Mini Coopers are renowned for their handling and reliability, but even the best engineered cars develop faults over time. Owners of Mini Coopers expect a durable car, one that will be on the road for quite some time. To ensure that Mini Coopers are enjoyed to their fullest, owners must adhere to their maintenance schedule, and this includes caring for and maintaining the transmission.
Automatic Transmission Failure in Mini Coopers
Automatic transmission failure is a prevalent problem in Mini Coopers. Its failure can be traced to a host of factors. Below are the most significant reasons:
- Transmission Fluid Problems: Transmission systems in Mini Coopers require transmission fluid that transfers pressure to the different components of the system. When the transmission fluids hit a low level or loses its viscosity, the pressure transferred within the system is affected. The functionality of the vehicle’s automatic transmission system is altered.
- Wear and Tears: This is probably the most common cause of vehicle damage. When the transmission system has been in use for a while, natural wear and tear occur, which reduces the effectiveness of the transmission system and causes it to fail.
- Reckless Driving: When drivers of Mini Coopers use their car in a very intense and reckless manner, they tend to accelerate the damage of its components. Mini Coopers are small-sized cars, and when driven recklessly, it can take a toll on the transmission system, and parts will begin to wear out.
Signs that Your Mini Cooper’s Transmission System Degrading
When the transmission system of a Mini Cooper begins to fail, it affects the vehicle’s functionality. You will notice some signs of wear and tear.
- Delayed gear shifts: Experiencing some level of delay when switching between gears is one of the symptoms characterizing an automatic transmission failure. This gear shift delay is an offshoot of a problem with the hydraulic pressure caused by a transmission system failure.
- Transmission Fluid Leak: When the transmission fluid of your Mini Cooper is leaking, it is another sign of a problem with the transmission system. The transmission fluid leak can cause more significant problems for the system if it’s not quickly attended to. This occurs because transmission fluids act as a lubricant for the transmission system. When the fluid leaks out, there is always a ripple effect of damage to other components.
- Gear Slipping: This is another sign indicating the failure of the vehicle’s automatic transmission system. When the vehicle’s gear slips into a lower gear during acceleration, it is usually caused by the pressure in transmission fluid being low, which would make it impossible for the gear to go higher.
- Irregular Noises when Gear is at Neutral: If your car produces irregular noises when it is in neutral, there is a high chance your vehicle has a transmission problem. Low transmission fluid can cause this because when the transmission fluid is low, the system is not adequately lubricated, and it then begins to produce strange noises.
Dell’s Service Center: Experts Mini Cooper Mechanics
At Dell’s Service Center, we understand that maintaining your European vehicle should not be an expensive or frustrating process. However, entrusting your service or repairs to inexperienced mechanics can make it worse. This is why we have carefully designed our services to put away your frustrations, worries, and even fears about the expense.
Our highly-qualified mechanics possess years of experience in dealing with European vehicles are ready to help you today. We are located in Green Bay, WI and also provide services to our neighbors in Manitowoc and Sturgeon Bay, ensuring all vehicles get the best of service in our area.
We take pride in our ability to offer excellent service in record time at affordable rates. If your Mini Cooper is showing any of the signs discussed above, bring it by Dell’s Service Center for a quick and inexpensive fix.
Please follow and like us: